Social Challenges of Kids With Learning Problems
Learning problems can affect not just school but communicating and connecting with other kids.
When we think of children with learning challenges, we think of difficulty with reading or math, with being organized, with paying attention and staying focused in school. But many students with learning and attention disorders also have social and communication problems.
They have trouble connecting with other kids, making friends and understanding what’s expected of them in social situations.
To learn more about this article by Caroline Miller, we recommend you visit the link below:
- About EFC
- Early Start
- Programs and Services
- information & Events
- COVID-19 Resources
- Contact Us
- Autism: What are the symptoms?
- Anxiety log to find out why your child gets anxious
- Angry Kids: Dealing With Explosive Behavior
- Are Time Outs Harmful to Children?
- 8 Ways to Build a Strong, Loving Bond With Your Autistic Child
- Homemade bedtime schedule for kids can be a powerful visual reminder
- Managing problem behavior at home
- Social Challenges of Kids With Learning Problems
- Quick Facts on Selective Mutism
- 5 Tips for Talking to Patients with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Overcoming obstacles while traveling with people who have ASD
- Did you know the signals of depression on kids/teenagers?
- How to Make the Most of Your IEP meeting
- Helping Kids Dare to Share/Ayude a los niños a atreverse a hablar
- Advice for kids/Consejos para niños
- 2022 Newsletter
- 2021 Newsletter